Things to do in Gap
Keep fit, Pool, Mini golf, Hiking and Skiing
At our hotel in Gap, you have access to all our facilities to ensure that your stay is packed with fun and relaxation: boulodrome, mini golf, children's playground, tennis courts, all-year-round indoor pool, fitness equipment (2 exercise bikes and 1 rowing machine) and sauna.
Activities near the hotel
Our team is always on hand to do all they can to ensure you have a wonderful time discovering the Hautes-Alpes region. We would like to make various suggestions:
- Things to do locally: visit to a farm, a distillery, or a cheese maker, discovering the flora and fauna
- More unusual things to do: stag rutting, ice diving experience
- For thrill fans: hot air ballooning, parachuting, paragliding, hang gliding, snowmobiling, rafting, karting, motor racing on ice during the season, first flight experience, helicopter flight, hydrospeed, canyoning, caving, microlight, etc.
- For sports fans: hiking, cycling, golf, kayaking, via ferrata, gliding, treetop adventure trails, riding, skiing, snowshoeing, climbing, watersports, etc.
- For film fans: Gap has three cinema screens
The hotel can make bookings for your leisure activities.
Both our hotels run a varied programme of courses all year round, catering every interest: ikebana, fluid motion osteo, painting, aqua gymnastics, etc.
Downhill rafting or mountain biking, a hot air balloon flight over Le Gapençais or glider flight over the massifs of Le Dévoluy or Le Champsaur, a canoe trip or a trip to an adventure park, cycling, a round of golf... there's something for everyone.
Places to visit in the Hautes-Alpes
With a rich history going back 2,000 years, Gap, the capital of the Hautes-Alpes department, is the starting point to visit the valleys of Le Buëch, Le Serrois, Le Dévoluy, Le Champsaur and Le Valgaudemar.
The city is also at the gateway to the Ecrins National Park. Here you can climb the most beautiful mountains (the Pic de Bure, Dents de Chabrières, Giobernay, Glacier Blanc), bathe in the many streams, rivers and lakes, discover the Alpine flora and fauna (wild orchids, capercaillie, grouse), or enjoy new experiences trying the many sporting activities on offer in this region.
These are some of the trips we recommend:
- Gap, with the Conservatoire Botanique de Charance, Musée du Sabot (clog museum), Musée Muséum Départemental, La Passerelle Theatre, etc.
- Le Champsaur, with its village resorts, Orcières Merlette and the typical village of Prapic, etc.
- Le Valgaudemar with the "Voile de la Mariée" waterfall, its spinning industry, etc.
- Le Dévoluy with the Col du Noyer, the Pic de Bure, Mère l’Eglise – an old church in the Provençal Romanesque style, Montmaur castle, etc.
- Le Buëch with the Méouge Gorges, Mount Chabre, the medieval village of Orpierre, its "drailles" (network of paths) and the Quiquillon, etc.
- Le Veynois with the Musée du Cheminot (railway museum) and its "andrones" (narrow streets with steps), etc.
- Le Serrois with the medieval village of Serres, Rosans Abbey, etc.
- The Briançon area, with the city of Briançon itself which is a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Alpestre du Lautaret botanical gardens and the silver mines at Le Fournel
- Le Guillestrois and the stronghold of Mont Dauphin, a UNESCO World Heritage site, Val d’Escreins, the Col de Vars, etc.
- The Queyras and St Véran – the highest village in Europe, its wooden toy workshops…
- Notre Dame de la Salette and along the Via Alta: Notre Dame du Réal in Embrun, Boscodon Abbey, Notre Dame du Laus, Notre Dame des Pommiers in Sisteron and Salagon Priory
- The Santiago de Compostela pilgrimage route
- Serre-Ponçon Lake and the bay of St Michel, the rock formation known as the Demoiselles Coiffées, the Muséoscope du Lac, etc.
- Route Napoléon, Route des Cadrans Solaires, Route des Grandes Alpes, Route de la Lavande, the "Itinéraires des villages perchés" (tourist routes to the hilltop villages)
The hotel will suggest a very wide range of ideas for excursions.
"Tell us what kind of excursion you're looking for, and we'll find it for you."